[Openstack] Devstack grizzly networking help!!!!!!!!!!! please

Jake G. dj_dark_junglist at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 1 10:28:54 UTC 2013

Please i need help here. I am dying, about to kill my PC and give up on openstack......soo frustrated!!!

Allinone Devstack grizzly deployment here, but I cannot get the networking right no matter how I configure it.

My Physical Host NIC settings are:
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.100.24
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        network 192.168.100.0
        broadcast 192.168.100.255
        gateway 192.168.100.254

#Secondary network
auto eth1
        iface eth1 inet manual
        up ifconfig $IFACE 0.0.0.0 up
        up ip link set $IFACE promisc on
        down ip link set $IFACE promisc off
        down ifconfig $IFACE down

What should my localrc file correctly look like? I really dont understand this. Should the floating IPs be on the same subnet as my host IP?
for example, HOST_IP=192.168.100.24/24       FLOATING_RANGE=192.168.100.0/24

if I dont configure any ips ranges then I always get a 172. IP for my public network and cannot get internet to my instances.

Thank you for your help