[Openstack] Failed "db sync" while upgrading from essex to folsom

Calvin Walton calvin.walton at kepstin.ca
Tue Apr 30 12:35:57 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-04-30 at 16:06 +0530, Shashank Sahni wrote:
> Hi Calvin,
>
> Thank you for the reply. It solved the "db sync" issue. But soon after
> this, the nova-compute daemons started throwing the following trace.
>
> 2013-04-30 15:53:21 TRACE nova OperationalError: (OperationalError) (1054,
> "Unknown column 'instance_metadata_1.instance_id' in 'field list'")
>
> When I checked the instance_metatdata table, I found that it has
> "instance_uuid" as a field and not "instance_id". It seems to be another
> issue with db sync.
>
> Suggestions?

From
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/db/sqlalchemy/migrate_repo/versions/133_folsom.py#L349
It looks like 'instance_uuid' is the correct column name in Folsom. Are
you sure that you've updated your nova-compute packages to the Folsom
version and restarted all of the nova services?

The simplest explanation for this error is that you have an Essex
service accessing the Folsom database.

--
Calvin Walton <calvin.walton at kepstin.ca>