[Openstack] Failed "db sync" while upgrading from essex to folsom

Shashank Sahni shredder12 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 10:36:11 UTC 2013

Hi Calvin,

Thank you for the reply. It solved the "db sync" issue. But soon after
this, the nova-compute daemons started throwing the following trace.

2013-04-30 15:53:21 TRACE nova OperationalError: (OperationalError) (1054,
"Unknown column 'instance_metadata_1.instance_id' in 'field list'")

When I checked the instance_metatdata table, I found that it has
"instance_uuid" as a field and not "instance_id". It seems to be another
issue with db sync.

Suggestions?

--
Shashank Sahni