[Openstack] Query regarding quantum config

Aniket openstack at gslab.com
Thu Apr 18 08:13:44 UTC 2013

Hello All,
We want help with Quantum config issue we are facing. We have basically
multi node deployment of openstack insternally (Essex release). Quantum
is on separate node and we have OVS plugin deployed. We have entire
10.43.0.0/16 routable to our openstack setup and we use 10.43.10.X/24
for all openstack nodes. We want to have this config such that every
project/user will have dedicated subnet allocated (e.g. one user will
have 10.43.20.X and other can have 10.43.30.X and so on). While we are
able to create such a config, we find that when user launches instances,
he gets  DHCP IPs in his allocated subnet for the project but this
instance IP is not reachable from outside of quantum node.  We have
quantum's (virtual) router created/added for 10.43.10.x/24 subnet.
Are we missing anything obvious? Any pointers?

Thanks,
Aniket