[Openstack] is namespace implemented only in quantum-l3-agent?

Liu Wenmao marvelliu at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 02:54:18 UTC 2013

hi all:

I can use namespace to build and isolate virtual networks with quantum and
its l3-agent. Everythings goes fine.

I need floodlight controller, but big switch restproxy can not work with
l3-agent, so I have to disable l3-agent. Still, I quantum server outputs
errors:

AttributeError: No such RPC function 'tunnel_sync'

So I disabled quantum-ovs-agent and quantum-ovs-plugin as well.

The quantum server starts fine and net/subnet creation and deletion are
OK.But I find no namespace using "ip netns" on the controller, besides VMs
can not ping virutal subnet gateway or DHCP server.

I do not know how to solve this problem. do I have to enable
quantum-ovs-agent again?