[Openstack] DHCP requests on stable/essex

Stuart Hart shart at altobridge.com
Tue Sep 25 10:07:26 UTC 2012

Some good information on that here: http://www.mirantis.com/blog/openstack-networking-flatmanager-and-flatdhcpmanager/

----- Original Message -----

From: "Neelakantam Gaddam" <neelugaddam at gmail.com>
To: openstack at lists.launchpad.net
Sent: Tuesday, 25 September, 2012 7:57:16 AM
Subject: [Openstack] DHCP requests on stable/essex

Hi,

I am trying to understand the DHCP behaviour in stable/essex with two node openstack setup(one compute, one controller). The VM on compute is getting IP and there is no issue with networking. When I capture the packets at compute and controller nodes, I see several DHCP requests/offers/acks in the capture. I am not understanding this behaviour. Could anyone explain the DHCP flow from compute VM to controller DHCP server and viceversa.

--
Thanks & Regards
Neelakantam Gaddam