[Openstack] DHCP requests on stable/essex

Neelakantam Gaddam neelugaddam at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 06:57:16 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am trying to understand the DHCP behaviour in stable/essex with two node
openstack setup(one compute, one controller). The VM on compute is getting
IP and there is no issue with networking. When I capture the packets at
compute and controller nodes, I see several DHCP requests/offers/acks in
the capture. I am not understanding this behaviour. Could anyone explain
the DHCP flow from compute VM to controller DHCP server and viceversa.

--
Thanks & Regards
Neelakantam Gaddam