[Openstack] Packaging Horizon

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Mon Sep 17 09:25:10 UTC 2012

On 09/15/2012 05:25 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On Sat Sep 15 2012 03:55:09 AM CST, Gabriel Hurley <Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com> wrote:
>
>> Either way works, you just have to compile the file once and ship it in
>> the distro package.
>
> For at least Debian, this would make the package
> non-free. Everything has to be compiled from source.
>
>> If you can't compile it yourself then you could perhaps use the one from
>> Adam/Ubuntu, or I can do it and send you the final output file.

IMHO, it still should be usable for debian as well, sources are still
shipped; the step you do is pre-compressing stylesheets, and javascript
so this hasn't be done during delivering files through your web server.

But of course, I'm totally neglecting that less.js and node.js may not
be available in your distro, like they are unavailable from official
fedora repositories
--
Matthias Runge <mrunge at matthias-runge.de>
                <mrunge at fedoraproject.org>