[Openstack] Cells Status

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Fri Sep 14 15:36:29 UTC 2012

On 09/14/2012 11:08 AM, Joe Topjian wrote:
>     > We didnt find any information related to CELLS [which is planned to
>     > replace ZONES] in the latest Folsom pre-release.
>     >
>     > Can any body give us information on this.
>
>     Unfortunately, cells was unable to make feature freeze.  It should be in
>     Grizzly.  Sorry for the delay :/
>

> This is very disappointing. I was looking forward to cells as well.
>
> When was this decided and was the decision announced somewhere else? I'd
> like to know so I can monitor for other announcements like this.

The patch is here:

    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/10707/

It was proposed for inclusion on August 2nd, which was just a couple of
weeks before the feature freeze.  There were enough significant things
that came up in discussion that it just wasn't going to make it in for
Folsom.  In addition to working through the technical details, it also
desperately needs some documentation (ideally both architectural, as
well as how to use it).

It seems like we should be able to get this all wrapped up for Grizzly,
though.

--
Russell Bryant