[Openstack] After expanding fixed ip range instances no longer have network

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 16:12:02 UTC 2012

VERY IMPORTANT FIRST STEP: nova will have moved the ip from eth0 (or whichever device br100 is on) to br100, so if that ip address is needed, you will have to move it back to eth0. If you are connecting over that ip you will have to do it in a script so your connection doesn't drop. Check the <ip>/<netmask> by using ip addr show.

DISCLAIMER: writing this from memory so check for typos
(if br100 was bridged into a device without an ip address you can skip moving the ips but i would still delete br100)

On each node running nova-network:
ip addr del <ip>/<netmask> dev br100
ifconfig br100 down
brctl delbr br100
ip addr add <ip>/<netmask> dev eth0

Now you should be able to make nova recreate everything for you
On each node running nova-network:
stop nova-network
killall dnsmasq
rm /var/lib/nova/networks/*