[Openstack] [ceilometer] *NEW TIME* Metering meeting agenda for Thursday at 15:00 UTC (Sept 5th, 2012)

Angus Salkeld asalkeld at redhat.com
Wed Sep 5 23:24:33 UTC 2012

On 05/09/12 12:19 +0200, Nick Barcet wrote:
>**** PLEASE NOTE THE NEW MEETING TIME, ONE HOUR EARLIER ****
>
>The metering project team holds a meeting in #openstack-meeting,
>Thursdays at 1500 UTC
><http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=16&min=0&sec=0>.

It's at 1am now (I might make it periodically).

>Everyone is welcome.
>
>Agenda:
>http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/MeteringAgenda
>
>* Review last week's actions
>  - dhellmann to move summit proposal outlines to the wiki and
>    email links to the dev mailing list
>  - nijaba to open a bug for cookbook and assign to jaypipes
>  - nijaba to add architecture image to project /doc rather than link
>    from google
>  - nijaba to include a comment in the rst file linking to the google
>    document where you build the image, so we can remember where it is
>    later
>* Discussion on session proposal for the summit
>  http://wiki.openstack.org/EfficientMetering/GrizzlySummit
>* Discussion on alternating meeting time to allow presence from down
>  under

Well thanks for trying. I guess I am the only one down this end.

The main things I'd like to achieve is to add alarms and monitoring
to ceilometer.

To achieve this we would need:
- auth on api so normal users can access it.
- ablility to post custom data via a rest api
- ablility to increase the polling frequency on selected resources
   (this could it's self be metered and charged for)
- add alarms and alarm history
- add a notification mechanism - could just be rpc / http hook

I am happy to wait for summit and discuss it there. I see you
have added a wiki entry for it (let my know if you need me to do
anything more to make this happen):
http://wiki.openstack.org/EfficientMetering/GrizzlySummit/BeyondMetering

I added this a while ago:
http://wiki.openstack.org/AddingAlarmsToCeilometer