[Openstack] Quantum DHCP support.

Takaaki Suzuki suzuki at midokura.com
Tue Sep 4 09:03:21 UTC 2012

Hi

Currently, I see that DHCP instance is created per network, at least
from looking at the Dnsmasq implementation.

I'm curious to know how a DHCP instance can provide services to a VM
attached to a port on a network that has multiple subnets.

It doesn't seem possible to me that a VM can get two IP addresses on
an interface from this DHCP server. Is this feature supported in
Quantum?

I ran a quick test using Devstack + QuantumV2 + OVS plugin.  I created
one network called "test04", and two subnets for tor the network,
192.168.10.0/24 and 192.168.30.0/24.
With Dnsmasq running as the DHCP server, I launched a VM, and as
suspected, it did not receive any IP address.  I checked the Dnsmasq
log and it looked like it did receive DHCPDISCOVER message but it did
not offer anything back.

I would love to know there is actually a way to get this to work, or
if I'm missing some critical steps here.

Thanks!
Suzuki