[Openstack] Action Required: Use DocImpact flag when commits might impact docs

Tom Fifield fifieldt at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Oct 30 01:31:43 UTC 2012

TL;DR - If anything you submit could have an impact on documentation,
just add "DocImpact" to a line in your commit message.

Developers,

We need your help.

In the face of the 500 contributors to the code base, those small
handful of us working on documentation are losing the war.

One of the worst pains we have right now is that we're not getting
information from you about the changes you make. We just don't have the
people to review every single commit on every single project for its
impact on documentation.

This is where you can make a difference.

If your commit could have an impact on documentation - be it an
added/altered/removed commandline option, a deprecated or new feature, a
caveat, if you've written docs in the patch, or if you're just not sure
- there's a way to let us know.

=> Just add "DocImpact" to a line in your commit message.

This sends us an email so we can triage. It doesn't guarantee docs will
be written, but at least it gives us visibility of the changes.

Thanks for reading.

As always - if you have any time to write/fix docs, we've more than one
hundred bugs waiting for your contribution . . .

Regards,

Tom, on behalf of the docs team.