[Openstack] Instance provisioning taking more time for all the instances

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 21:47:17 UTC 2012

Hi Nagaraju, apologies for long delay in replying. Answer inline.

On 09/29/2012 05:40 AM, Nagaraju Bingi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have deployed Openstack on VMware and we could able to provision
> Instances but image is not getting cached on compute/ESX server and for
> every provisioning of instances the image is getting downloaded from glance.
>
> Please provide steps to cache VMDK images on compute.

I've cc'd Mikal Still, who wrote the original image cache in the libvirt
driver. I'm not sure but I think work was done in Folsom to make the
image cache more generic, but I'm not totally sure. Hoping Mikal has an
answer to that.

All the best,
-jay