[Openstack] Could I restart devstack with old configuration?

Hao Wang hao.1.wang at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 09:39:03 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

I went through rejoin-stack.sh which may not be what I want to get services
back from the original down status. It would be a script used to monitor
the logs of running services.

Good news is a procedure has been developped to implement the goal
mentioned by the mail subject after doing some research on
the script stack.sh. As Tong's mail has mentioned, there is something wrong
with the volume daemon. Please patch it with Tong's script if the volume
service is needed.

'''This is just for starting cloud without initializing mysql databases
   Please ensure run stack.sh successfully before executing the following
steps'''

1. Restart MySQL:

service mysql restart

2. Start keystone:

/opt/stack/keystone/bin/keystone-all --config-file
/etc/keystone/keystone.conf --log-config /etc/keystone/logging.conf -d
--debug

3. Restart APACHE:

service apache2 restart

4. Restart libvirt-bin:

service libvirt-bin restart

5. Start glance:

/opt/stack/glance/bin/glance-registry --config-file
/etc/glance/glance-registry.conf &
/opt/stack/glance/bin/glance-api --config-file /etc/glance/glance-api.conf &

Verify glance is working:
wget -q -O- http://127.0.0.1:9292

6. Start nova-api:

/opt/stack/nova/bin/nova-api &
 Verify novap-api is working:
wget -q -O- http://127.0.0.1:8774

7. Start nova:

/opt/stack/nova/bin/nova-cert &
/opt/stack/nova/bin/nova-network &
/opt/stack/nova/bin/nova-scheduler &
/opt/stack/noVNC/utils/nova-novncproxy --config-file /etc/nova/nova.conf &
/opt/stack/nova/bin/nova-xvpvncproxy --config-file /etc/nova/nova.conf &
/opt/stack/nova/bin/nova-consoleauth &

8. Start cinder:

/opt/stack/cinder/bin/cinder-api --config-file /etc/cinder/cinder.conf &
/opt/stack/cinder/bin/cinder-volume --config-file /etc/cinder/cinder.conf &
/opt/stack/cinder/bin/cinder-scheduler --config-file
/etc/cinder/cinder.conf &

If you've got any point, please let me know.

Regards,
Howard