[Openstack] Could I restart devstack with old configuration?

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 15:34:09 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Tong Li <litong01 at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> you can run rejoin-stack.sh from devstack directory to restart the whole
> thing. However, there are some problems dealing with volume. But other
> services should be OK.

rejoin-stack.sh only addresses restarting the processes running under
screen.  If you've used unstack.sh or rebooted it will probably not bring
everything back.  We do need restack.sh to undo unstack.sh.  ;)

As an alternative, if/when you do want to start with a fresh install but
have additional things to add you can create local.sh to do that work at
the end of stack.sh.  There is an example in samples/local.sh.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com