[Openstack] [OpenStack] Ceilometer API Glossary

吴亚伟 wuyawei.mail at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 03:54:08 UTC 2012

于 2012年10月23日 17:34, Eoghan Glynn 写道:

>> I am testing ceilometer in my devstack virtual machine. Although I
>> can see the meter data model in the mongodb, I am confused about
>> some glossary when I test its Web API. I am not very clear about the
>> " resource" in the " GET /v1/resources",either "source" in the "GET
>> /v1/sources/(source)/meters/(meter)".
>> Can someone explain these two concept? Thanks a lot.
> Hi Yawei,
>
> Good question!
>
> My understanding is that the resources collection refers to the set
> of UUIDs identifying the openstack entities (e.g. instance, volume,
> image ... etc.) being metered, whereas the source refers to the
> origin of the metering data and is effectively unused right now
> as there is only a single source currently (though we could in the
> future for example distinguish between metric and metering data
> in this way).
>
> Cheers,
> Eoghan
Thanks Eoghan,

     I still have questions about the data in the mongodb.
     First: All the data about "source" in db is "?",for example:

"source": "?",
             "metadata": {
                 "fixed_ip_id": null,
                 "host": null,
                 "auto_assigned": false,
                 "pool": "nova",
                 "address": "172.24.4.232"
             }
     is it correct?

second,when I create a instance,there will be meter data created in the
mongodb as "resource" and "meter",but for volume ,there is no any data
about volume in the db,so why ?Is there something wrong with my devstack
or  there is configuration file should be modified?

third,I can only see cpu,disk,and network info for instance in the meter
data by now ,but there is no memory info,so why?

thanks

Yawei  Wu
Dalian Hi-Think Computer Technology,Corp.