[Openstack] Folsom Glance Image upload error

Trinath Somanchi trinath.somanchi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 12:33:32 UTC 2012

Hi-

I dont have any logs in the keystone.log file its empty

and here is the glance-api.conf file

[DEFAULT]
# Show more verbose log output (sets INFO log level output)
verbose = True

# Show debugging output in logs (sets DEBUG log level output)
debug = False

# Which backend scheme should Glance use by default is not specified
# in a request to add a new image to Glance? Known schemes are determined
# by the known_stores option below.
# Default: 'file'
default_store = file

# List of which store classes and store class locations are
# currently known to glance at startup.
#known_stores = glance.store.filesystem.Store,
#               glance.store.http.Store,
#               glance.store.rbd.Store,
#               glance.store.s3.Store,
#               glance.store.swift.Store,

# Maximum image size (in bytes) that may be uploaded through the
# Glance API server. Defaults to 1 TB.
# WARNING: this value should only be increased after careful consideration
# and must be set to a value under 8 EB (9223372036854775808).
#image_size_cap = 1099511627776

# Address to bind the API server
bind_host = 0.0.0.0

# Port the bind the API server to
bind_port = 9292

# Log to this file. Make sure you do not set the same log
# file for both the API and registry servers!
log_file = /var/log/glance/api.log

# Backlog requests when creating socket
backlog = 4096

# TCP_KEEPIDLE value in seconds when creating socket.
# Not supported on OS X.
#tcp_keepidle = 600

# SQLAlchemy connection string for the reference implementation
# registry server. Any valid SQLAlchemy connection string is fine.
# See:
http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/05/reference/sqlalchemy/connections.html#sqlalchemy.create_engine
sql_connection = mysql://glance:password@localhost/glance

# Period in seconds after which SQLAlchemy should reestablish its connection
# to the database.
#
# MySQL uses a default `wait_timeout` of 8 hours, after which it will drop
# idle connections. This can result in 'MySQL Gone Away' exceptions. If you
# notice this, you can lower this value to ensure that SQLAlchemy reconnects
# before MySQL can drop the connection.
sql_idle_timeout = 3600

# Number of Glance API worker processes to start.
# On machines with more than one CPU increasing this value
# may improve performance (especially if using SSL with
# compression turned on). It is typically recommended to set
# this value to the number of CPUs present on your machine.
workers = 1

# Role used to identify an authenticated user as administrator
#admin_role = admin

# Allow unauthenticated users to access the API with read-only
# privileges. This only applies when using ContextMiddleware.
#allow_anonymous_access = False

# Allow access to version 1 of glance api
#enable_v1_api = True

# Allow access to version 2 of glance api
#enable_v2_api = True

# ================= Syslog Options ============================

# Send logs to syslog (/dev/log) instead of to file specified
# by `log_file`
use_syslog = False

# Facility to use. If unset defaults to LOG_USER.
#syslog_log_facility = LOG_LOCAL0

# ================= SSL Options ===============================

# Certificate file to use when starting API server securely
#cert_file = /path/to/certfile

# Private key file to use when starting API server securely
#key_file = /path/to/keyfile

# CA certificate file to use to verify connecting clients
#ca_file = /path/to/cafile

# ================= Security Options ==========================

# AES key for encrypting store 'location' metadata, including
# -- if used -- Swift or S3 credentials
# Should be set to a random string of length 16, 24 or 32 bytes
#metadata_encryption_key = <16, 24 or 32 char registry metadata key>

# ============ Registry Options ===============================

# Address to find the registry server
registry_host = 0.0.0.0

# Port the registry server is listening on
registry_port = 9191

# What protocol to use when connecting to the registry server?
# Set to https for secure HTTP communication
registry_client_protocol = http

# The path to the key file to use in SSL connections to the
# registry server, if any. Alternately, you may set the
# GLANCE_CLIENT_KEY_FILE environ variable to a filepath of the key file
#registry_client_key_file = /path/to/key/file

# The path to the cert file to use in SSL connections to the
# registry server, if any. Alternately, you may set the
# GLANCE_CLIENT_CERT_FILE environ variable to a filepath of the cert file
#registry_client_cert_file = /path/to/cert/file

# The path to the certifying authority cert file to use in SSL connections
# to the registry server, if any. Alternately, you may set the
# GLANCE_CLIENT_CA_FILE environ variable to a filepath of the CA cert file
#registry_client_ca_file = /path/to/ca/file

# ============ Notification System Options =====================

# Notifications can be sent when images are create, updated or deleted.
# There are three methods of sending notifications, logging (via the
# log_file directive), rabbit (via a rabbitmq queue), qpid (via a Qpid
# message queue), or noop (no notifications sent, the default)
notifier_strategy = rabbit

# Configuration options if sending notifications via rabbitmq (these are
# the defaults)
rabbit_host = localhost
rabbit_port = 5672
rabbit_use_ssl = false
rabbit_userid = guest
rabbit_password = password
rabbit_virtual_host = /
rabbit_notification_exchange = glance
rabbit_notification_topic = glance_notifications
rabbit_durable_queues = False

# Configuration options if sending notifications via Qpid (these are
# the defaults)
qpid_notification_exchange = glance
qpid_notification_topic = glance_notifications
qpid_host = localhost
qpid_port = 5672
qpid_username =
qpid_password =
qpid_sasl_mechanisms =
qpid_reconnect_timeout = 0
qpid_reconnect_limit = 0
qpid_reconnect_interval_min = 0
qpid_reconnect_interval_max = 0
qpid_reconnect_interval = 0
qpid_heartbeat = 5
# Set to 'ssl' to enable SSL
qpid_protocol = tcp
qpid_tcp_nodelay = True

# ============ Filesystem Store Options ========================

# Directory that the Filesystem backend store
# writes image data to
filesystem_store_datadir = /var/lib/glance/images/

# ============ Swift Store Options =============================

# Version of the authentication service to use
# Valid versions are '2' for keystone and '1' for swauth and rackspace
swift_store_auth_version = 2

# Address where the Swift authentication service lives
# Valid schemes are 'http://' and 'https://'
# If no scheme specified,  default to 'https://'
# For swauth, use something like '127.0.0.1:8080/v1.0/'
swift_store_auth_address = 127.0.0.1:5000/v2.0/

# User to authenticate against the Swift authentication service
# If you use Swift authentication service, set it to 'account':'user'
# where 'account' is a Swift storage account and 'user'
# is a user in that account
swift_store_user = jdoe:jdoe

# Auth key for the user authenticating against the
# Swift authentication service
swift_store_key = a86850deb2742ec3cb41518e26aa2d89

# Container within the account that the account should use
# for storing images in Swift
swift_store_container = glance

# Do we create the container if it does not exist?
swift_store_create_container_on_put = False

# What size, in MB, should Glance start chunking image files
# and do a large object manifest in Swift? By default, this is
# the maximum object size in Swift, which is 5GB
swift_store_large_object_size = 5120

# When doing a large object manifest, what size, in MB, should
# Glance write chunks to Swift? This amount of data is written
# to a temporary disk buffer during the process of chunking
# the image file, and the default is 200MB
swift_store_large_object_chunk_size = 200

# Whether to use ServiceNET to communicate with the Swift storage servers.
# (If you aren't RACKSPACE, leave this False!)
#
# To use ServiceNET for authentication, prefix hostname of
# `swift_store_auth_address` with 'snet-'.
# Ex. https://example.com/v1.0/ -> https://snet-example.com/v1.0/
swift_enable_snet = False

# If set to True enables multi-tenant storage mode which causes Glance
images
# to be stored in tenant specific Swift accounts.
#swift_store_multi_tenant = False

# A list of tenants that will be granted read/write access on all Swift
# containers created by Glance in multi-tenant mode.
#swift_store_admin_tenants = []

# The region of the swift endpoint to be used for single tenant. This
setting
# is only necessary if the tenant has multiple swift endpoints.
#swift_store_region =

# ============ S3 Store Options =============================

# Address where the S3 authentication service lives
# Valid schemes are 'http://' and 'https://'
# If no scheme specified,  default to 'http://'
s3_store_host = 127.0.0.1:8080/v1.0/

# User to authenticate against the S3 authentication service
s3_store_access_key = <20-char AWS access key>

# Auth key for the user authenticating against the
# S3 authentication service
s3_store_secret_key = <40-char AWS secret key>

# Container within the account that the account should use
# for storing images in S3. Note that S3 has a flat namespace,
# so you need a unique bucket name for your glance images. An
# easy way to do this is append your AWS access key to "glance".
# S3 buckets in AWS *must* be lowercased, so remember to lowercase
# your AWS access key if you use it in your bucket name below!
s3_store_bucket = <lowercased 20-char aws access key>glance

# Do we create the bucket if it does not exist?
s3_store_create_bucket_on_put = False

# When sending images to S3, the data will first be written to a
# temporary buffer on disk. By default the platform's temporary directory
# will be used. If required, an alternative directory can be specified here.
#s3_store_object_buffer_dir = /path/to/dir

# When forming a bucket url, boto will either set the bucket name as the
# subdomain or as the first token of the path. Amazon's S3 service will
# accept it as the subdomain, but Swift's S3 middleware requires it be
# in the path. Set this to 'path' or 'subdomain' - defaults to 'subdomain'.
#s3_store_bucket_url_format = subdomain

# ============ RBD Store Options =============================

# Ceph configuration file path
# If using cephx authentication, this file should
# include a reference to the right keyring
# in a client.<USER> section
rbd_store_ceph_conf = /etc/ceph/ceph.conf

# RADOS user to authenticate as (only applicable if using cephx)
rbd_store_user = glance

# RADOS pool in which images are stored
rbd_store_pool = images

# Images will be chunked into objects of this size (in megabytes).
# For best performance, this should be a power of two
rbd_store_chunk_size = 8

# ============ Delayed Delete Options =============================

# Turn on/off delayed delete
delayed_delete = False

# Delayed delete time in seconds
scrub_time = 43200

# Directory that the scrubber will use to remind itself of what to delete
# Make sure this is also set in glance-scrubber.conf
scrubber_datadir = /var/lib/glance/scrubber

# =============== Image Cache Options =============================

# Base directory that the Image Cache uses
image_cache_dir = /var/lib/glance/image-cache/

[keystone_authtoken]
auth_host = 127.0.0.1
auth_port = 35357
auth_protocol = http
admin_tenant_name = service
admin_user = glance
admin_password = password

[paste_deploy]
# Name of the paste configuration file that defines the available pipelines
#config_file = glance-api-paste.ini

# Partial name of a pipeline in your paste configuration file with the
# service name removed. For example, if your paste section name is
# [pipeline:glance-api-keystone], you would configure the flavor below
# as 'keystone'.
flavor=keystone

--
Regards,