[Openstack] A simple guide to install OpenStack Folsom

Skible OpenStack skible.openstack at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 09:27:15 UTC 2012

Le 10/10/2012 11:23, Alan Pevec a écrit :
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Skible OpenStack
> <skible.openstack at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am counting on our your feedback to enhance my work and contribute it to
>> the OpenStack Eco System.
> I wonder about https://github.com/mseknibilel/OpenStack-Folsom-Install-guide/tree/master/Scripts
> which say:
> # Mainly inspired by
> https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/master/tools/sample_data.sh
>
> Why not submit that as an improvement to Keystone?
> I'd like to propose consolidation of all keystone initialization
> scripts around (Keyston's sample_data.sh, Devstack's keystone_data.sh,
> scripts like yours) and  move to Lorin's YAML config (see
> https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/msg17204.html)
> I'm just not sure yet if additional dependency on YAML is worth it.
>
> Cheers,
> Alan
Hi Alan,

That's a very good idea. I personally prefer scripting over YAML since
it is simpler and easier to use.
devstack's script is way fat to me, it adds things i don't need so i had
put it on  a diet to come out with a much simpler and easier script.

I will see how i can submit my work to keystone people.