[Openstack] Cinder Improvement for Grizzly

Akira Yoshiyama akirayoshiyama at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 02:35:50 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I want to join the next design summit but I can't because of the current
job.
So I wrote my ideas for cinder improvement to etherpad.
I hope someone will take up them (or a part of them) at the summit.

http://etherpad.openstack.org/CinderImprovementsForGrizzly

Table of contents:

* New features
* Shared volumes for instances

* APIs
* Validation for all parameters
* Validation for state transitions
* Keeping previous state for rollback

* Drivers
* VolumeDriver as the real base class
* Unification of create_volume()+create_export() and
remove_export()+delete_volume()
* Zeroing volumes not at deleting but at creating
* Common FileDriver
* Post function of nova-side drivers for terminate_connection()
* One driver per module file
* Checking whether commands work in check_for_setup_error()

Any comments will be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you,
Akira Yoshiyama <akirayoshiyama at gmail.com>