[Openstack] Glance talking to swift https really slow

stuart.mclaren at hp.com stuart.mclaren at hp.com
Mon Oct 8 13:35:31 UTC 2012

Hi Sam,

In case its useful for comparison I looked at Swift SSL performance in
general a while back:

https://region-a.geo-1.objects.hpcloudsvc.com/v1.0/AUTH_19cbcca3-a4b8-4b90-9332-c9bffd02285f/public_referenced/swift_perf6.pdf

I didn't see pound hurting performance as much as you did, but our configs
may have been different.

-Stuart

PS

There's currently some work being done to allow the
Glance client to disable SSL compression on a per connection basis:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/python-glanceclient/+spec/ssl-connect-rework

If this gets merged it will cover the glanceclient -> glance data path but
not the glance -> swift part. (With a bit of luck that may get added later.)