[Openstack] can't ssh instance when launched on a second compute node

Afef MDHAFFAR afef.mdhaffar at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 18:31:12 UTC 2012

I use a multi-host mode.
The working image has double identification (by key and login/password)
It seems that it does not load the key because of this error " Failed to
get metadata for ip:". I added the flag "host_metadata" but this does not
solve the problem. Any idea how solve that ?

2012/10/7 Pierre amadio <pierre.amadio at canonical.com>

> Hi there !
>

> On 10/07/2012 06:32 PM, Afef MDHAFFAR wrote:
>

>> It looks like the VM has not loaded the key! But I have no idea how to
>> solve that ! ???
>>

> When i have this sort of problem, my usual troubleshooting steps involve:
>
> * euca-get-console-output the vm to see if there s any hint about a
> problem getting in touch with the meta data server.
>
> * checking the iptables rules redirecting to the correct metadata server
> are set on the compute nodes.
>
> Are you using multi_host mode or single host mode ?
>
> Is there any metadata_host set in nova.conf ?
>
> Is the other image (the working one) getting information from the
> dataserver correctly, or do you log in it with a pre define login/pass ?

Afef MDHAFFAR
http://www.redcad.org/members/mdhaffar/