[Openstack] can't ssh instance when launched on a second compute node

Pierre amadio pierre.amadio at canonical.com
Sun Oct 7 16:39:28 UTC 2012

Hi there !

On 10/07/2012 06:32 PM, Afef MDHAFFAR wrote:

> It looks like the VM has not loaded the key! But I have no idea how to
> solve that ! ???

When i have this sort of problem, my usual troubleshooting steps involve:

* euca-get-console-output the vm to see if there s any hint about a
problem getting in touch with the meta data server.

* checking the iptables rules redirecting to the correct metadata server
are set on the compute nodes.

Are you using multi_host mode or single host mode ?

Is there any metadata_host set in nova.conf ?

Is the other image (the working one) getting information from the
dataserver correctly, or do you log in it with a pre define login/pass ?