[Openstack] Is it possible to have several floating IPs per VM?

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Fri Oct 5 21:21:16 UTC 2012

Hi Janis,

If your provider network maps directly to a publicly accessible network
then you should be able to assign IPs to VMs from a public range without
using Floating IPs and NAT.
With Quantum, you just specify a physical network (e.g.: eth0) and a
segmentation id (e.g.: vlan id 999) for creating this mapping; ensuring it
actually results in VM instances directly connected to a public network is
beyond the scope of Quantum.

Regards,
Salvatore