[Openstack] Network IP address setting in nova.conf file

Ahmed Al-Mehdi ahmed at coraid.com
Wed Oct 3 23:46:00 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am following the steps in "OpenStack Install and Deploy – RedHat Ubuntu" (Folsom) to setup a Controller node.  The section "Configuring OpenStack Compute" (  http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/install/apt/content/compute-minimum-configuration-settings.html  )  gives a snippet of an example of the values of parameters in the nova.conf file.

The document first lists some common settings in nova.conf file.  I am highlighting the following two which I am concerned about:

fixed_range=192.168.100.0/24
public_interface=eth0

The Document right after gives the whole content of a sample (usable) nova.conf file for the Controller Node, in which the above settings are set as follows:

fixed_range=10.0.0.0/24
public_interface=br100

I am assuming "fixed_range=192.168.100.0/24" is the correct setting.  However, can someone please help as to the correct setting of "public_interface".   And the same setting value would be applicable for the Compute Node, is that right?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Ahmed.