[Openstack] FIXED IT! Re: Floating ip addresses take forever to display

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Nov 22 09:47:47 UTC 2012

Alan Pevec wrote:
> 2012/11/22 Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at seas.harvard.edu>:
>> Any chance we can get it fixed in Essex, too?  Or has this release
>> been abandoned?  I'm not clear on what the maintenance schedule looks
>> like as the steamroller of progress moves forward.
>
> Current stable branch policy is documented in
> http://wiki.openstack.org/StableBranch
>
> tld;r openstack-stable-maint team actively backports fixes to
> stable/folsom branch.
> Separate openstack-diablo-maint and openstack-essex-maint teams exist
> for older branches, but they accept serious issues e.g. security fixes
> only.
> Note that diablo/essex-maint teams are 1-2 members only, so if you
> have resources I'm sure they'd welcome any help they can get.

It's more a question of how disruptive the patch is vs. how critical the
bug is. Given how annoying this bug is, it would be good to at least
assess the disruption factor of a backport.

Did we identify the bug number (or commit id) of the Folsom fix, so that
we can open an Essex task for it ?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack