[Openstack] PoC Swift

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Mon Nov 19 19:15:16 UTC 2012

You can run your swift cluster with 2 replicas. This is set when the ring is first created. You can use `swift-ring-builder` (ie with no arguments) to get usage help. Note that there is not (yet) an easy way to change your replica count once the ring has been created.

If you have more than one drive for swift in each of your two machines, you can make three replicas. Swift will ensure that the two replicas on one machine are on different drives.

--John