[Openstack] [Swift] Public Container's file listing

Hua ZZ Zhang zhuadl at cn.ibm.com
Mon Nov 19 06:29:51 UTC 2012

if you are using keystone as Swift authentication, you can create user in
an account(project) through horizion or using command
keystone user-create ...
For object public write, it seems that the referer is not allowed in ACL:
swift post -w '.r:*' publicContainer

Best Regards,

 Edward Zhang(张华)                    地址:北京市海淀区东北旺西路8号 中关村
 Advisory Software Engineer            软件园28号楼 环宇大厦3层 邮编:100193
 Software Standards & Open Source      Address: 3F Ring, Building 28
 Software                              Zhongguancun Software Park, 8
 Emerging Technology Institute(ETI)    Dongbeiwang West Road, Haidian
 IBM China Software Development Lab    District, Beijing, P.R.C.100193
 e-mail: zhuadl at cn.ibm.com
 Notes ID: Hua ZZ Zhang/China/IBM
 Tel: 86-10-82450483

             Sujay M
             <sujay.m17 at gmail.
                                       Hua ZZ Zhang/China/IBM at IBMCN
                                       openstack at lists.launchpad.net,
                                       openstack-bounces
                                       +zhuadl=cn.ibm.com at lists.launchpad.
                                       net,
                                       openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org,
                                       openstack-operators at lists.openstack
                                       .org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Openstack] [Swift] Public
                                       Container's file listing

Thanks Edward Zhang,

>>"You can implement access control for objects either for users or
accounts using XContainer-
Read: accountname and X-Container-Write: accountname:username, which
allows any user from the accountname account to read but only allows the
username
user from the accountname account to write."

How do i create users in a account? Currently i have only admin:admin
account with password admin.(one user per account)

>>"You can also grant public access to objects stored in OpenStack Object
Storage but also limit
public access using the Referer header to prevent site-based content theft
such as hot-linking
(for example, linking to an image filefrom off-site and therefore using
other's bandwidth).
The public container settings are used as the default authorization over
access control lists.
For example, using X-Container-Read:referer:any allows anyone to read from
the container regardless
 of other authorization settings.

Can i give public access that allows anyone to store/write the objects into
a container.  I have used referer for making container as public '.r:*'. Is
there anything like this for write?

[...]

  Inactive hide details for Sujay M ---2012-11-19 11:59:55---Hi all,Sujay M
  ---2012-11-19 11:59:55---Hi all,

       Sujay M <
       sujay.m17 at gmail.com>
       Sent by:
       openstack-bounces
       +zhuadl=                                                         To
       cn.ibm.com at lists.laun
       chpad.net                           openstack-operators at lists.opens
                                           tack.org,
                                           openstack at lists.launchpad.net,
                                           rg

                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject

                                           [Openstack] [Swift] Public
                                           Container's file listing

  Hi all,

  Currently it is showing Unauthorized if i give only public container name
  for listing of files in the public Container

  192.168.56.20:8080/v1/AUTH_test/publicContainer/

  192.168.56.20:8080/v1/AUTH_test/publicContainer

  Unauthorized

  Is there any way i can list the files publicly? Thanks in advance

  --
  Best Regards,

  Sujay M
  Final year B.Tech