[Openstack] [Swift] Public Container's file listing

Sujay M sujay.m17 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 05:43:54 UTC 2012

Thanks Edward Zhang,

>>"You can implement access control for objects either for users or
accounts using XContainer-
Read: accountname and X-Container-Write: accountname:username, which
allows any user from the accountname account to read but only allows the
username
user from the accountname account to write."

How do i create users in a account? Currently i have only admin:admin
account with password admin.(one user per account)

>>"You can also grant public access to objects stored in OpenStack Object
Storage but also limit
public access using the Referer header to prevent site-based content theft
such as hot-linking
(for example, linking to an image filefrom off-site and therefore using
other's bandwidth).
The public container settings are used as the default authorization over
access control lists.
For example, using X-Container-Read:referer:any allows anyone to read from
the container regardless
 of other authorization settings.

Can i give public access that allows anyone to store/write the objects into
a container.  I have used referer for making container as public '.r:*'. Is
there anything like this for write?