[Openstack] Information needed on the proposed firewall framework

Narayanan, Krishnaprasad narayana at uni-mainz.de
Fri Nov 16 20:19:43 UTC 2012

Hallo All,

A week before, I was looking for information regarding the availability of a firewall framework (see here<https://answers.launchpad.net/nova/+question/213601>) that handles outgoing connections from the VM and for which I received a reply from the forum pointing to this link - http://wiki.openstack.org/quantum-generic-firewall.

The information on the Wiki was pretty useful but I was looking for more information which I have mentioned below

a)       Are the proposed firewall interfaces role specific?

b)      If it is role specific, can the Administrator define default policies?

c)       If point b) is true, does the user have option to override the Administrator policies?

d)      Also, can I get to know what is the targeted timeline for the completion of the proposed interfaces?

e)      Can I get to know are there any other links apart from the above Wiki page that provides more information about the firewall framework?

Thanks
Krishnaprasad Narayanan