[Openstack] Getting approved to submit code for review for OpenStack Swift

Clay Gerrard clay.gerrard at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 01:33:42 UTC 2012

Hi Peter,

No, nothing special should be needed - sometimes it's tricky to get your
launchpad account hooked into to review.openstack.org - but if that's
giving you trouble just ask for help in #openstack-dev (we've all been
there).

So yeah, if you've got some code that helps fix a problem or is small
improvement that works for you - just push it on up - we'd love to take a
look at it!  We'll give you feedback if you have any questions.
http://wiki.openstack.org/GerritWorkflow should be mostly all you need.

OTOH, if you have a bigger idea for something new or different, it makes
the review process easier if you can talk a little bit about what you're
doing with some of the swift core devs - context really helps on something
big or new - plus if you can explain what you're thinking before you get
too far down in the weeds, sometimes they can warn you about any big
gotchas that may not be obvious at first but could complicate the
implementation just cause of some weird corner of the swift internals.
Technically I think there's also like a blueprint "process" (
http://wiki.openstack.org/Blueprints ?), but I'm not sure it's strictly
necessary.  But it'd be more paperwork for notmyname - so that's fun.

Either way, we'd love to hear about what you're doing with swift, you can
post back here on the openstack mailing list, or even better - easiest
place to find some swifters is in #openstack-swift on Freenode!

Welcome!

-clayg

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Peter Portante <peter.a.portante at gmail.com