[Openstack] [Tempest] unable to run subset of tests via nosetests

Stef T stef at ummon.com
Sat Nov 10 00:06:28 UTC 2012

Hey Everyone,
    So, I was trying to run only a single test from Tempest, and I
naively tried the usual nosetest syntax of;

nosetests -v
tempest.tests.compute.servers.test_server_actions:ServerActionsTestBase.test_resize_server_confirm

    No dice, so, I then tried the slightly more bulky but still
relatively quick;

nosetests -v tempest.tests.compute.servers.test_server_actions

    And I got 8 errors. I got this down to 4 by moving the __init__.py
from tempest/tests/compute into tempest/tests/compure/servers but, this
can't be right. Can it ? Is Tempest not designed to run a single
functional test or a subset ? I find this hard to believe, and I pray I
am doing something 'duh'. Python 2.7.2, tempest -TRUNK.

    Regards
    S.