[Openstack] OpenStack (+ Quantum Deployment) Scenarios

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Thu Nov 8 20:38:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

The Quantum Admin Guide indicates that you can choose to combine all
services onto a single node, or have separate nodes:
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-network/admin/content/services.html

I will update the text to indicate that that the main reason to use a
dedicated network gateway node is if you plan on having VMs send
substantial amounts of traffic through that node, and thus would not want
that CPU usage to conflict with other openstack services running on your
controller node.

dan

Dan Wendlandt
Nicira, Inc: www.nicira.com