[Openstack] [openstack][cinder] cinder create gives an error

John Griffith john.griffith at solidfire.com
Tue Nov 6 18:19:40 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Ahmed Al-Mehdi <ahmed at coraid.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just installed installed cinder, however, I am getting the following
> error.
>
> root at bodega:~/ahmed/cinder# cinder create --display_name test 1
> ERROR: Malformed request url (HTTP 400) (Request-ID:
> req-a488154b-37f8-47e8-ae5f-8e7a73f6637b)
> root at bodega:~/ahmed/cinder#
>

> Can someone please help me understand what this error means.  I don't see
> any logs being generated in any of the cinder log files - cinder–api.log,
> cinder-scheduler.log, cinder-volume.log.
>
> Any pointers to debug this issue would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Ahmed.

> Ahmed,

It looks like there's still a problem with your endpoint configuration?  If
your conf files are in fact set up correctly as advised earlier there is
also a potential that you didn't clean up the nova-volume settings you had
in keystone and the CS.  Depending on your system, you might want to
consider dropping the tables from your DB and starting from scratch and
install cinder only.

Thanks,
John