[Openstack] nova.conf file, using cinder instead of nova-volume

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Mon Nov 5 20:46:05 UTC 2012

Hi Ahmed -

We don't have a specific Cinder install guide, but this wiki page
gives guidance:
http://wiki.openstack.org/MigrateToCinder

Specific to nova.conf:

set the correct volume api class in nova.conf
volume_api_class=nova.volume.cinder.API

disable the nova-volume-api in enabled apis in /etc/nova/nova.conf sed
-i "s/osapi_volume,// /etc/nova/nova.conf", if you do not have
enabled_apis set explicitly set it to
enabled_apis=ec2,osapi_compute,metadata as osapi_volume is included by
default

Hope this helps.
Anne