[Openstack] running nova-compute, nova-network in a two node setup.

Ahmed Al-Mehdi ahmed at coraid.com
Mon Nov 5 18:32:22 UTC 2012

Hello,

In my setup, I have two nodes, controller node (for running all services) and one compute node (to host VMs).  Both have two physical NICs, eth0 has an assigned IP address for management of the host from outside, eth1 in promiscuous mode for VM communication.  Is the following assumptions correct?

 - compute-node has to run "nova-compute", Controller node does not have to run "nova-compute" (as it will not be hosting any  VMs)
 - In a single-host mode (networking wise), only the controller node should run nova-network.

Thank you,
Ahmed.