[Openstack] Running other services on swift nodes

Tom Fifield fifieldt at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Nov 5 01:18:50 UTC 2012

Hi,

This came in as a doc bug, but I thought I'd throw it to the list:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/988053

"I think it would be worthwhile to talk about what services can be
co-located on the same servers as Swift. For example "Can I run Keystone
in combination with Swift Proxy and Swift Storage?""

example other potential combo that "might not break": glance / swift proxy

I think this is most relevant to small-scale deployments, where there
isn't quite enough hardware to go around, rather than anywhere
approaching best practice ;)

Realistically expecting "this is a terrible, terrible idea" replies to
this, but perhaps reasons, and the odd outside-the-box idea will be
presented ...

Regards,

Tom