[Openstack] Identity API v3 - Why allow multi-tenant users?

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Tue May 29 17:59:31 UTC 2012

Allowing a user to be associated with multiple tenants (a.k.a. projects) is what we have currently, and it works reasonably well. It has not produced a significantly more complicated system.

I would argue the flipside of your point, which is that the admin permission system in keystone is particularly convoluted and not clearly scoped. The lack of differentiation between the abilities of a project admin vs. a "system" admin, etc.... the fact that being granted admin permissions on *any* project gives you admin permissions for *all* of your Openstack installation... There are some very odd issues in the details of that side of the equation.

All the best,

-          Gabriel