[Openstack] Identity API v3 - Why allow multi-tenant users?

Joseph Heck heckj at me.com
Tue May 29 17:52:22 UTC 2012

Hi Caitlin,

A user is able to be associated with multiple tenants in the current API as well - this API just attempt to make is significantly more clear what you're asking for and what you're getting back. It was one of the earliest requests and requirements of the auth system.

For the back-ends of Keystone that allow resetting of passwords, it would generally be an administrator of Keystone (as it is today) that would be required to reset a user's password, but with the additional domain model, it's possible to expand that a bit if a local implementation wanted to allow a domain admin to reset a user's password as well.

-joe