[Openstack] Problem with attaching disks to an instance

Shashank Sahni shredder12 at linuxers.org
Mon May 14 20:54:16 UTC 2012

Hi Vish,

Yeah you are right. I checked the settings in the volume database and
for all volumes the entry is similar to following.

controller_node:3260,3 iqn.2010-10.org.openstack:volume-00000004

But it seems these entries are being generated automatically, i.e. as
soon as I issue volume creation command. How do I fix this? I am already
using properly configured iscsi_ip_address option in the controller's
nova.conf file.

Regards,
Shashank Sahni

>>> (nova.conf - http://paste.openstack.org/show/17470/)
>>> 2) compute node (nova.conf - http://paste.openstack.org/show/17469)
>>> 3) volume node(single)
>>>
>>> Compute and vnc are working fine. I'm able to create and delete
>>> volumes. Iscsi discovery from the compute nodes is working too. But
>>> when I try to attach a volume, the compute node tries to connect to
>>> the controller node instead of volume and hence crashes with the
>>> following error.
>>>
>>> 2012-05-14 17:32:13 TRACE nova.rpc.amqp ProcessExecutionError:
>>> Unexpected error while running command.
>>> 2012-05-14 17:32:13 TRACE nova.rpc.amqp Command: sudo nova-rootwrap
>>> iscsiadm -m node -T iqn.2010-10.org.openstack:volume-00000003 -p
>>> controller:3260 --rescan
>>> 2012-05-14 17:32:13 TRACE nova.rpc.amqp Exit code: 255
>>> 2012-05-14 17:32:13 TRACE nova.rpc.amqp Stdout: ''
>>> 2012-05-14 17:32:13 TRACE nova.rpc.amqp Stderr: 'iscsiadm: No portal