[Openstack] Translation and Internationalization in OpenStack

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed May 9 04:56:25 UTC 2012

Gabriel Hurley wrote:
> Having worked with all three tools, I would strongly suggest Transifex, particularly given that we as a community have to do almost no work to maintain it, it's the only tool that supports OpenStack as a "project hub" with shared teams and management, and it offers us a strong crowdsourced translation community.

Getting a strong crowdsourced translation community is the most
important aspect to me. We can relatively easily bridge the
tooling/integration gap, but we can't invent a translation community :)

I know for a fact that Launchpad has a magic translation community (just
pushing stuff there makes it translated). If Transifex's community is as
efficient and gives us better integration, then we should go for it.

> As per Thierry's call for volunteers, I will throw my hat in the ring to spearhead translation efforts in OpenStack for the time being.

Great! I'm happy to defer the tool decision to the people that will own
and push that work forward ;)

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack