[Openstack] Translation and Internationalization in OpenStack

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Tue May 8 22:15:59 UTC 2012

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for pointing me to TranslateWiki. I'm more than happy to add more tools to the comparison matrix to make sure we make the best choice!

I've updated the matrix:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqevw3Q-ErDUdFgzT3VNVXQxd095bFgzODRmajJDeVE

At a glance TranslateWiki falls somewhere in the middle, with my biggest concern being the recommended method for re-integrating the translation files into the origin repositories. Other issues stood out as well, but that one was the biggest.

As a reminder, the features listed there are not of equal weight, so having more "red" doesn't necessarily rule any solution out if it's "green" in critical areas another is lacking. If you think I've misjudged anything, feel free to let me know.

All the best,

    - Gabriel