[Openstack] heads up regarding keystone dev venv on an Ubuntu VM (VirtualBox)

Duncan McGreggor duncan at dreamhost.com
Fri May 4 16:59:32 UTC 2012

Updates:

 * Doug Hellmann narrowed this down to the network access that was
happening with pip
 * Mark McClain further narrowed it down to VirtualBox's networking:
with a NATed interface, big probs -- with a bridged interface, things
go well.

I haven't taken the time to check this on my own system, since I've
got a working solution right now, but when I need to rebuild, I will
check.

Mark also mentioned that VBox networking sometimes does some weird
stuff (rewriting headers or something) and that might be contributing
to the problem.

Hope this helps,