[Openstack] Summary of QA Weekly Status meeting

David Kranz david.kranz at qrclab.com
Thu May 3 19:37:01 UTC 2012

The QA team had its weekly IRC meeting today. Here is a summary of the
progress  and decisions coming out of the meeting.

* Progress

  There were a bunch of problems that were preventing the tempest gating
job from running successfully. The last (:-) ) problem was identified.
We hope to turn this on to gate checkins to Tempest itself by the end of
the day.  Thanks to Monty Taylor for his continuing attention to this.
We will also be doing a complete tempest run each day to check on other
projects and hope that identified bugs can be fixed quickly.  We will
soon start running the stress tests nightly as well.

  A set of tempest tests for Swift should be coming online next week.

* Decisions made

  New tempest tests that do not require a lot of changes will be
backported to tempest essex/stable. We will do a nightly run to check on
changes that are made
to other essex/stable branches. A few more changes need to go into
tempest stable/diablo but, generally, new tests will not be backported
there.

We have been focusing on black-box tests to get wide coverage. A lot of
progress has been made and we are now going to be looking at white-box
tests as
well.

* Outstanding Reviews

Community, please feel free to provide code reviews on outstanding
Tempest merge proposals:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/tempest,n,z

Thanks!
-David