[Openstack] Quota classes

Eoghan Glynn eglynn at redhat.com
Fri Mar 30 18:41:10 UTC 2012

> Eoghan Glynn wrote:
> > A couple of quick questions on how this quota class mechanism is
> > intended to work ...
> >
> > - how is the mapping between project and quota-class established?
> >   I was expecting a project_quota_class_association table or
> >   some-such in the nova DB. Is this association maintained by
> >   keystone instead?
> >
> > - is the quota_class attribute currently being set on the request
> >   context anywhere in the dispatch path? Is the idea that the auth
> >   middleware takes care of this?
>
> Kevin Mitchell wrote:
> The basic answer is that there isn't anything in nova right now that
> does this, partly because it's a slightly difficult question to answer
> correctly for everyone.  In my testing environment, for instance, I use
> a Turnstile preprocessor to set the quota_class attribute on the request
> context to be the same as the selected rate limit class.
>
> I envisioned that, ultimately, the quota_class would be set by the
> authentication processing middleware(s), but I'm not against adding
> an association to nova to manage that.

Presumably we'd also need some additional logic in the quota-classes API
extension to allow tenant-to-quota-class mappings be established and torn
down?

e.g.

  POST /v2/class-id/os-quota-class-sets/tenant-id

and:

  DELETE /v2/class-id/os-quota-class-sets/tenant-id

to establish and tear down respectively.

Cheers,
Eoghan