[Openstack] Quota classes

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Fri Mar 30 15:40:19 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-30 at 08:31 -0400, Eoghan Glynn wrote:
> A couple of quick questions on how this quota class mechanism is
> intended to work ...
>
> - how is the mapping between project and quota-class established?
>   I was expecting a project_quota_class_association table or
>   some-such in the nova DB. Is this association maintained by
>   keystone instead?
>
> - is the quota_class attribute currently being set on the request
>   context anywhere in the dispatch path? Is the idea that the auth
>   middleware takes care of this?

The basic answer is that there isn't anything in nova right now that
does this, partly because it's a slightly difficult question to answer
correctly for everyone.  In my testing environment, for instance, I use
a Turnstile preprocessor to set the quota_class attribute on the request
context to be the same as the selected rate limit class.

I envisioned that, ultimately, the quota_class would be set by the
authentication processing middleware(s), but I'm not against adding an
association to nova to manage that.
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>