[Openstack] Essex keystone with remote glance endpoint

stuart.mclaren at hp.com stuart.mclaren at hp.com
Tue Mar 20 12:39:34 UTC 2012

Hi Jason,

Using 'ngrep' may be helpful here to help see what's going on.

# ngrep -W byline -d ethX port 5000 or 35357

where 'ethX' is the relevant ethernet interface, eg 'eth0' or 'lo'.

This should generate output along the following lines so we
can see the glance <-> keystone API exchanges:

T 127.0.0.1:5000 -> 127.0.0.1:36198 [AP]
HTTP/1.1 200 OK.
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:56:32 GMT.
.
{
     "access": {
         "serviceCatalog": [
             {
.
.
.

It might be interesting to see ngrep output for the following commands:

glance -T service -I glance -K glance -S keystone -N http://192.168.131.141:5000/v2.0 index
glance -I glance -K glance -S keystone -N http://192.168.131.141:5000/v2.0 index

and maybe compare this port too:

glance -I glance -K glance -S keystone -N http://192.168.131.141:35357/v2.0 index