[Openstack] Essex keystone with remote glance endpoint

Justin Santa Barbara justin at fathomdb.com
Mon Mar 19 18:07:32 UTC 2012

> # glance  -I adminUser -K ... -S keystone -N
> http://192.168.131.141:5000/v2.0' index
> Failed to show index. Got error:
> Response from Keystone does not contain a Glance endpoint.

I think that means that the glance client can't find a suitable glance
endpoint in the response from Keystone.  Relevant code is in get_endpoint
around line 200 of glance/common/auth.py

So, I don't think you're ever hitting the glance server.

Keystone appears to be working, or at least passing basic tests:
> keystone # curl -d '{"auth": {"tenantName": "service",
> "passwordCredentials":{"username": "glance", "password": "glance"}}}' -H
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/11078/

The response (in the paste) looks good to me.  If you're passing in a
region ("OS_REGION_NAME or via the '-R/--region' command line") then maybe
this is wrong?

If not, you could try this curl with the same credentials as you're using
with the glance CLI tool, to verify that the glance endpoint is being
returned correctly here also.

Justin