[Openstack] XCP + OpenStack

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Tue Mar 13 20:18:42 UTC 2012

On 03/13/2012 10:55 PM, Todd Deshane wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Eduardo Nunes <eduardo.kettz at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I read all the docs about it but i dont get it, what release shold i use, i
>> run the xcp under the linux or i run linux under the xcp?
>
> You actually have two options for XCP. You can install XCP as a distro
> itself (CD/PXE install) by downloading the ISO from
> http://xen.org/download/xcp/index.html.
>
> The second option is that you can get an XCP-like system that includes
> the XCP XAPI toolstack by installing the xcp-xapi package on Ubuntu or
> Debian by following these instructions
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Project_Kronos

Todd,

I'd like to point out that these instructions are really outdated, and
that the packaged version in Debian SID works a way better than using
the Citrix repositories that haven't been updated since quite some time.

I don't know for Ubuntu though, but I suspect it should be the same.
Maybe you know better, and can tell me what the status is in Ubuntu?

Thomas