[Openstack] XCP + OpenStack

Todd Deshane todd.deshane at xen.org
Tue Mar 13 14:55:49 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Eduardo Nunes <eduardo.kettz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I read all the docs about it but i dont get it, what release shold i use, i
> run the xcp under the linux or i run linux under the xcp?

You actually have two options for XCP. You can install XCP as a distro
itself (CD/PXE install) by downloading the ISO from
http://xen.org/download/xcp/index.html.

The second option is that you can get an XCP-like system that includes
the XCP XAPI toolstack by installing the xcp-xapi package on Ubuntu or
Debian by following these instructions
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Project_Kronos

Soon you will be able to do the same on Fedora/CentOS as well, but
work is still in progress.
(http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Project_Zeus_Fedora_Spec)

I cover these and other details about XCP and Xen in this talk:
http://www.cloudstack.org/build-a-cloud-day-videos/202-introduction-to-the-xen-cloud-platform.html

Do contact me if you want to discuss any of these things in more detail.

Thanks,
Todd

--
Todd Deshane